cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] State of 4.5 and testing in local environments
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:46:42 GMT
Hi Erik,

What you’re reporting is a strange behaviour indeed. I still suspect it is likely an environment
issue as I’ve been testing 4.5 for last few months now and have not hit anything like this.
Can you try to shutdown the mgmt server (and agent if it’s KVM) and then pre-seed a 4.5
systemvm template again using -F (to cleanup old template) like this:

/usr/share/cloudstack-common/scripts/storage/secondary/cloud-install-sys-tmplt \
          -m /export/secondary -f <4.5 file here> -h <hypervisor etc> -F

The idea here is to force remove the template and then try to provision new VRs using that
and confirm if you still reproduce this issue? It’s possible the host has cached an old
template but I’ve less idea regarding the storage component and how it works for various
hypervisors.

Regards.


> On 29-Apr-2015, at 5:04 pm, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Den onsdag 29. april 2015 skrev Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> følgende:
>
>> Hi Erik,
>>
>>> On 29-Apr-2015, at 4:25 pm, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com
>> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Then it should always happen, no?
>>>
>>> It is sporadic, currently i have four routers happily being 4.5, but one
>>> that is 4.4.
>>
>> If you remove the VR which is 4.4, please check if the new one that gets
>> created is 4.5 or still 4.4?
>>
>>
> It varies, sometimes 4.5, sometimes 4.4.
>
>
>> Was this setup a fresh install or an upgrade from 4.4? It’s likely that
>> something went wrong in case it was an upgrade. Perhaps, there are multiple
>> secondary storages, in which case it could happen that one of them has an
>> old template pre-seeded (The template copying across zones could have
>> failed).
>>
>>
> Fresh install, no components has been used before.
>
>
>
>> Regards.
>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Erik
>>>
>>> Den onsdag 29. april 2015 skrev Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>> <javascript:;>>
>>> følgende:
>>>
>>>> Hi Erik,
>>>>
>>>>> On 29-Apr-2015, at 3:04 pm, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com
>> <javascript:;>
>>>> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> One bug I've found which drives me crazy is that, for some reason, the
>> VR
>>>>> is versioned as 4.4.0 and needs to be upgraded.
>>>>> This only happens once in a while, and I have a hard time reproducing
>> it.
>>>>> What drives me crazy is that 4.4.0 has never been installed so I have
>> no
>>>>> idea why it has that version number, and upgrading doesn't work...
>>>>>
>>>>> It has been a few week since I updated the install, so it is closer to
>>>> the
>>>>> current RC than it is to the 4.5 branch.
>>>>> I'll try to update it next week.
>>>>
>>>> The VR/systemvm version is taken from /etc/cloudstack-release file. It
>> is
>>>> likely you were using a 4.4 systemvm template (I’ve hit such issues in
>> past
>>>> when testing 4.4 with 4.5 etc).
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com <javascript:;>
>> <javascript:;>
>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
>> services
>>>>
>>>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
>>>> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/
>>>
>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>> CloudStack Software Engineering<
>>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>>>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>
>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
>> intended
>>>> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
>> or
>>>> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
>>>> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not
>> the
>>>> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
>>>> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the
>> sender
>>>> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is
>> a
>>>> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP
>> is a
>>>> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape
>> Blue
>>>> Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
>> Brasil
>>>> and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd
>> is
>>>> a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
>>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
>>>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Rohit Yadav
>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com <javascript:;>
>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>
>>
>>
>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>>
>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
>> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>> CloudStack Software Engineering<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>
>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
>> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
>> opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
>> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the
>> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
>> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender
>> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a
>> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a
>> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue
>> Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil
>> and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is
>> a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab



Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services

IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use
of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England
& Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated
under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated
in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
Mime
View raw message