cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 16:28:58 GMT
Rohit,

Thanks for your effort to test. This problem does not seem to affect VM lifecycle.
I will repeat my tests on fresh installations, but I will have to postpone this until next
week, with the Easter coming and all.

Lucian

--
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

Nux!
www.nux.ro

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Sent: Friday, 10 April, 2015 08:59:39
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2

> Hi Lucian,
> 
> I’ve tried to setup a similar environment and tried upgrading 4.4.1 (KVM+local
> storage) to 4.5.1 and I could not reproduce it even after two clean attempts. I
> read through the logs and the only local storage path I found was:
> 5da7e725-d33a-43f8-afc7-d0ee0741bdb3 (1707.cloud.priv).
> 
> The logs you shared are only include things after the upgrade. Can you grep the
> logs before you did the upgrade searching for “/var/lib/libvirt/images” or any
> local storage related to hostname 1707.cloud.priv. Also, can you share the db
> results of: select * from cloud.storage_pool;
> 
> Lastly, even if you see two local storage pools - does it cause failure of any
> normal vm lifecycle operations?
> 
>> On 09-Apr-2015, at 8:35 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>
>> Ok,
>>
>> I dropped all DBs, rm -rf `rpm -ql cloudstack*`, rm -rf /etc/cloudstack then
>> installed 4.4.1, added some templates, made sure everything runs ok then
>> upgraded to your 4.5.1 packages.
>>
>> I ended up again with duplicated storage pools like in the case above.
>> Agent.properties looks like this:
>> #Storage
>> #Thu Apr 09 14:18:35 BST 2015
>> guest.network.device=br0
>> workers=5
>> private.network.device=br0
>> port=8250
>> resource=com.cloud.hypervisor.kvm.resource.LibvirtComputingResource
>> pod=1
>> zone=1
>> hypervisor.type=kvm
>> guid=b1095892-3100-3d78-955f-7e39648c4898
>> public.network.device=br0
>> cluster=1
>> local.storage.uuid=51b13fc9-5ce4-466e-a836-7302e7516f02
>> domr.scripts.dir=scripts/network/domr/kvm
>> LibvirtComputingResource.id=1
>> host=10.10.175.227
>>
>>
>> Management & agent logs from the moment I started the services with the upgraded
>> version:
>> http://tmp.nux.ro/dwes-management-server.log
>> http://tmp.nux.ro/dwes-agent.log
>>
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>
>> Nux!
>> www.nux.ro
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>> Sent: Thursday, 9 April, 2015 14:09:20
>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>>
>>> Rohit,
>>>
>>> This is KVM/CentOS6/Adv+SG. 1 VM running management + 1 bare metal HV.
>>>
>>> I'm reinstalling now from your repo, start with 4.4.1 (what I have in prod) and
>>> try to upgrade to 4.5.1.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>
>>> Nux!
>>> www.nux.ro
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>> From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>> Sent: Thursday, 9 April, 2015 13:35:55
>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>>>
>>>> Hi Lucian,
>>>>
>>>> 2 out 3 is still bad, when you upgrade do you use fresh hosts? Was it a basic
>>>> zone/advance zone? I only have one baremetal host to test it, while I can
try
>>>> to reproduce the issue you’re facing using two or more devcloud-kvms. Please
>>>> advise.
>>>>
>>>> I fixed an issue where local storage pool uuids were created using hostname
>>>> instead of them being random, could this have caused the regression:
>>>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/bf17f640c679bab1bd740d4eb068deb1bc2eb3af
>>>>
>>>> With the above fix, what I did was to use random UUID instead of creating
one
>>>> using the local storage path since it fails a case for me when I tried to
add
>>>> two different hosts with same hostname.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> On 09-Apr-2015, at 5:39 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks Rohit,
>>>>>
>>>>> This is not very reproductible. Out of 3 times I tried, 2 of the upgrades
>>>>> resulted in duplicated local storage pools.
>>>>>
>>>>> I'll test some more today.
>>>>>
>>>>> Which patches exactly have you added? I am not sure I am supposed to
test your
>>>>> packages at this point since it's essentially different code from what
David
>>>>> cut ...
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>>>
>>>>> Nux!
>>>>> www.nux.ro
>>>>>
>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>> From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>>> Sent: Thursday, 9 April, 2015 12:47:46
>>>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Lucian,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Can you share how we can reproduce the issue? I’m unable to simply
reproduce the
>>>>>> issue. I’ve though fixed two other issues.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I’ve now rebuilt the repository with two recent fixes on top of
4.5.1 RC2:
>>>>>> http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> In case the local storage issue is environment related I suggest
we continue
>>>>>> testing and report regressions/issues that need to be fixed before
we have a
>>>>>> next RC3 voting thread.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On 08-Apr-2015, at 8:53 pm, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -1
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> After upgrade from both 4.4.3 and 4.4.1 I ended up with the same
local storage
>>>>>>> pool registered 2 times.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Check the screenshot http://i.imgur.com/24Z2MXY.png that's the
same server, the
>>>>>>> same local storage, listed 2 times, with different IDs.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Nux!
>>>>>>> www.nux.ro
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>>>> From: "Mike Tutkowski" <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com>
>>>>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, 8 April, 2015 15:43:31
>>>>>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.5.1-rc2
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I see the following GUI error when I delete a volume (although
the delete
>>>>>>>> actually works):
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Unable to execute API command queryasyncjobresult due to
invalid value.
>>>>>>>> Invalid parameter jobid value=undefined due to incorrect
long value format,
>>>>>>>> or entity does not exist or due to incorrect parameter annotation
for the
>>>>>>>> field in api cmd class.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Is anyone else able to reproduce this?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 11:58 AM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hi All,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I've created a 4.5.1 release candidate, with the following
artifacts
>>>>>>>>> up for a vote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Git Branch and Commit SH:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/4.5-RC20150407T1726
>>>>>>>>> Commit: 930d1fcba2abdb8229441fd0344518ca679f3d22
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Source release (checksums and signatures are available
at the same
>>>>>>>>> location):
>>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.5.1-rc2/
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> PGP release keys (signed using 0x6fe50f1c):
>>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please
be sure to
>>>>>>>>> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> [ ] +1  approve
>>>>>>>>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>>>>>>>>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> *Mike Tutkowski*
>>>>>>>> *Senior CloudStack Developer, SolidFire Inc.*
>>>>>>>> e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com
>>>>>>>> o: 303.746.7302
>>>>>>>> Advancing the way the world uses the cloud
>>>>>>>> <http://solidfire.com/solution/overview/?video=play>*™*
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>>>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
services
>>>>>>
>>>>>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>>>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>>>> CloudStack Software
>>>>>> Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>>>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure
>>>>>> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
intended solely
>>>>>> for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
or opinions
>>>>>> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those
>>>>>> of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended
recipient
>>>>>> of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,
nor
>>>>>> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
you have
>>>>>> received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated
in
>>>>>> England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated
in
>>>>>> India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue
Brasil
>>>>>> Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated
under
>>>>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered
by
>>>>>> The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape
Blue Ltd.
>>>>>> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>>>>
>>>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>> CloudStack Software
>>>> Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure
>>>> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>
>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
solely
>>>> for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
>>>> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those
>>>> of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient
>>>> of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,
nor
>>>> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have
>>>> received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in
>>>> England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated
in
>>>> India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil
>>>> Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under
>>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered
by
>>>> The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue
Ltd.
>>>> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
> 
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
> 
> 
> 
> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
> 
> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
> CloudStack Software
> Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
> CloudStack Infrastructure
> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
> 
> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely
> for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
> of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient
> of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor
> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have
> received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in
> England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in
> India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil
> Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under
> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by
> The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Mime
View raw message