cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Star Guo" <st...@ceph.me>
Subject Re: CloudStack 4.4.2 with LDAP Authentication
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 00:40:47 GMT
Thanks a lot ! I will learn ldap deeply :)

Best Regards,
Star Guo

This link has info on how to control “OldPasswordAllowedPeriod” for AD.
https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/6662
There is a reason why this overlap of old and new password is required. Because if the change
is abrupt a user may end up locking his account (like 3 bad tries).

Not aware of something like this for open ldap, try googling.

> On 13-Apr-2015, at 3:25 pm, Star Guo <starg@ceph.me> wrote:
>
> But I use openldap. Does it relate to openldap ? Can I change 10min to just few second
? Thanks.

> Best Regards,
> Star Guo

> This is a known issue with microsoft AD, the old password is valid for around 10 minutes.
> Cloudstack is not caching any password at its end.
>
> -abhi
>
>> On 13-Apr-2015, at 2:55 pm, Star Guo <starg@ceph.me> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, All,
>>

>> Recently, I test LDAP Authentication on CloudStack, and I success
>> search ldap users on CloudStack.
>>
>> However, I bond one user of ldap into CloudStack Account and I change
>> the password in openldap side of the user, I can login the user with
>> new or old password !!!
>>
>> This may be serous security problem.
>>

>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Star Guo
>>

> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
> services
>
> IaaS Cloud Design &
> Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment