cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: MAC for static NAT IP
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 06:15:57 GMT
AFAIK CS does not allocate MAC address for static NAT IP address.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kuang-Ching Wang [mailto:kuangching.wang@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2015 8:44 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Cc: Kuang-Ching Wang
Subject: MAC for static NAT IP

Hi, I have a question about CloudStack's static NAT implementation.

Currently when static NAT is instantiated, a public IP is allocated to pair with the private
IP.  Looking into the applyStaticNats() in StaticNatServiceProvider, each IP does not come
with an allocated MAC address.

We are exploring support of distributed NAT implementation in the networking plugin, where
the allocated MAC address is critical.  In OpenStack, for example, a static NAT IP is allocated
with a MAC address.

Does CloudStack support the same and I missed it, to, if it does not, is it possible to do
so?

Thanks,
KC