cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrija Panic <andrija.pa...@gmail.com>
Subject DNS dependency for Console Proxy - why this works ???
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 16:43:08 GMT
Hi guys,

I have got a new IP range inside my ACS, but forgot to create appropirate
DNS records in form aaa-bbb-ccc-ddd.mydomain.com

Console Proxy still works, so I'm confused. I'm missing those DNS A records
for the new public IP range, but it's still working fine.

Any suggestions ?  My console.proxy.url.domain is set to   *.mydomain.com

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    a-bbb-146-84.mydomain.com
Address:  aaa.bbb.180.228 (this particular IP is from OLD public range, and
does have a nice DNS record aaa-bbb-ccc-ddd.mydomain.com)

So you see this DNS resolution is not working, but yet Console Proxy is
working fine...

Thx for clarifying this...

--

Andrija Panić