cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for cloudstack
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2015 12:26:37 GMT
Guys `n' dolls,

good and bad news here ; the good first

590 issues were fixed and only 47 newly discovered.

bad news :

in spite of 590 fixed issues 47 new ones were introduced. So anybody
that did any checkin over the last month or so, please have a look and
see if these are false positives or your solutions could have been
implemented more savely.

I take it we all want to make sure no programmer traps are included in
our fine product.

thanks,

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM,  <scan-admin@coverity.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find the latest report on new defect(s) introduced to cloudstack found with Coverity
Scan.

> 47 new defect(s) introduced to cloudstack found with Coverity Scan.
> 590 defect(s), reported by Coverity Scan earlier, were marked fixed in the recent build
analyzed by Coverity Scan.

> New defect(s) Reported-by: Coverity Scan
> Showing 20 of 47 defect(s)
>

> ** CID 1288552:  Null pointer dereferences  (NULL_RETURNS)
> /server/src/com/cloud/network/NetworkUsageManagerImpl.java: 147 in com.cloud.network.NetworkUsageManagerImpl.addTrafficMonitor(org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.admin.usage.AddTrafficMonitorCmd)()
>

> ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
> *** CID 1288552:  Null pointer dereferences  (NULL_RETURNS)
> /server/src/com/cloud/network/NetworkUsageManagerImpl.java: 147 in com.cloud.network.NetworkUsageManagerImpl.addTrafficMonitor(org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.admin.usage.AddTrafficMonitorCmd)()
> 141                 throw new InvalidParameterValueException("Could not find zone with
ID: " + zoneId);
> 142             } else {
> 143                 zoneName = zone.getName();
> 144             }
> 145
> 146             List<HostVO> trafficMonitorsInZone = _resourceMgr.listAllHostsInOneZoneByType(Host.Type.TrafficMonitor,
zoneId);
> 147             if (trafficMonitorsInZone.size() != 0) {
> 148                 throw new InvalidParameterValueException("Already added an traffic
monitor in zone: " + zoneName);