cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sending Notifications Back to the User via UI
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 16:43:37 GMT
Kye, i guess nobody knows. Try Alena, if at all possible I think she
should know. I am sure some of your colleagues should know as the
event mechanism is more heavily used in cloud platform.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Kyle Flavin <kyle.flavin@citrix.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if this is possible/not possible?

 Following a VM create, I do a task, which in the case where this task fails, I go back and
remove the VM that was just created using the API.  I'd like to be able to notify the user
through the web UI that this has happened.  "Your build failed because..." or something to
that effect.  Is there a way to pass messages back into the cloudstack web UI for the user?
 It looks like I can create an alert using the CloudStack API, but I'd like something that
gives more obvious notice to the user that their build failed, ie: a notification that appears
in their browser window under "Notifications" or a pop up window for some sort.

--
Daan