cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Cannot delete range as IP is being used for providing dhcp service in this subnet
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2015 22:06:44 GMT
Lucian,

Not sure if you can get past that without destroying that network (or manipulating the DB).

I am not sure if network restart with cleanup true releases the VR IP so you probably could
try that. If it does, then we'd have to figure how to avoid the new IP getting chosen from
the same IP range.

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Nux! [mailto:nux@li.nux.ro]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 2:31 PM
To: dev
Subject: [4.5] Cannot delete range as IP is being used for providing dhcp service in this
subnet

Hi,

I'm having this problem, I've added a secondary subnet/range in my Adv+SG zone and now I want
to delete it.
All the VMs using it have been deleted (and I've been waiting for a while for the explunge/cleanup
jobs to run), yet I am getting this error:

"Cannot delete vlan range 2 as 192.168.203.102 is being used for providing dhcp service in
this subnet. Delete all VMs in this subnet and try again"

All the VMs are deleted, only the virtual router is using IPs from that range.

root@r-4-VM:~# ip a|grep 192.168
    inet 192.168.203.102/24 brd 192.168.203.255 scope global eth0:55
    inet 192.168.203.103/24 brd 192.168.203.255 scope global secondary eth0:56

How can I make the VR let go of those IPs?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro