cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CentOS Cloud SIG effort
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 08:41:27 GMT

> On Mar 26, 2015, at 4:28 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> A while back I mentioned to some folks (I think it was this list, but it may have been
a subset) that the CentOS community is working on a Cloud SIG (Special Interest Group) effort.
You can read a little about it at http://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/Cloud

> The idea is to ensure that cloud infrastructure software, like CloudStack, OpenStack,
Open Nebula, and Eucalyptus, works solidly on CentOS, has all of the prerequisite packages
available, gets CI on the CentOS platform, and so on.

> At the moment, this is *only* OpenStack, with the other projects unrepresented.
>
> If you are interested in adoption of CloudStack on CentOS (and, by side effect, on Red
Hat Enterprise Linux), we'd love to have your participation in this effort.

Hi Rich, thanks for the ping again.

We have been in touch with KB (Nux! and I mostly) and submitted our scripts for building a
cloudstack centOS templates upstream. It works and was merged at some point, but it got pulled
back because we stick some scripts in there.

Bottom line is that I feel we need to work further upstream in cloud-init to improve cloudstack
support there, once that’s done, we can come back to the CentOS builds for cloudstack.

fwiw, our install base is probably ~70% centOS and we already have centOS7 support.

-sebastien