cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Support management/storage traffic over VMware DVS in CloudStack deployments
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:38:55 GMT
+1

We have had a few customers ask for this.
It would have been our preferred configuration in our lab, had it been possible.

Regards

Paul Angus
Cloud Architect
S: +44 20 3603 0540 | M: +447711418784 | T: CloudyAngus
paul.angus@shapeblue.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Sateesh Chodapuneedi [mailto:sateesh.chodapuneedi@citrix.com]
Sent: 18 March 2015 04:35
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [PROPOSAL] Support management/storage traffic over VMware DVS in CloudStack deployments

Hi,

I would like to extend the existing integration of VMware DVS with Apache CloudStack by adding
support for management as well as storage traffic over VMware DVS.

Currently guest and public traffic are supported over VMware DVS in CloudStack deployments.
There was discussion in dev mailing list earlier about the requirement to support management/storage
traffic as well on VMware DVS, which can be found in [3]. Corresponding jira reference is
[2].

Please review FS at [1] and let me know your comments.

Regards,
Sateesh

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Support+Management+and+Storage+traffic+over+VMware+DVS+in+CloudStack
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-3317