cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] VR Password server improvement and expiring
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 13:39:53 GMT
Hi Wido,

>> If a guest has confirmed the password was retrieved delete it
>> straight away. I am not sure this is what you asked. :)
>>

> How would the guest confirm? Merely retrieving it doesn't guarantee
> that the client was able to set it.
>
> I'd say keep if for 15 minutes, so that the guest can try a couple of
> times before we expire the password.

Nothing against keeping the password around for a few more minutes or hours.

Looking at this password script[1] for example, it looks like the guest can confirm that password
was successfully retrieved and set like this:

wget -t 3 -T 20 -O - --header "DomU_Request: saved_password" $PASSWORD_SERVER_IP:8080

[1] - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/shankerbalan/cloudstack-scripts/master/archlinux/cloudstack-set-guest-password