cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1 RC4
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 08:28:55 GMT
+1 (binding)

checked signatures, hash and basic functionality.

On Mar 3, 2015, at 10:38 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebastien,
>
> Do a make clean first:
>
> - pip uninstall cloudmonkey
> - make clean
> - make build
>
> To install, sudo is required so try either:
>
> sudo make install
> or,
> sudo pip install —upgrade dist/<cloudmonkey-5.3.1.tar.gz >
>
> It’s likely an environment issue since there may be a global package conflicting with
your local virtualenv package (not sure, but looks like it). Somehow you’re trying to override
previous package installed by easy_install or pip with local env. Just uninstall cloudmonkey
globally and retry. Also, in your virtualenv environment, upgrade pip and retry?

> The makefile (I don’t remember why it exists :)) can be totally avoided by directly
using pip with the git repo like Phillip shared.

>> On 03-Mar-2015, at 6:21 pm, sebgoa <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am probably the only stupid guy who cannot get this installed :)
>>
>> Created a virtualenv and activated it then:
>>
>> $ make build
>> $ make install
>> $ cloudmonkey
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/Users/sebgoa/Desktop/test/d/bin/cloudmonkey", line 9, in <module>
>>   load_entry_point('cloudmonkey==5.3.1', 'console_scripts', 'cloudmonkey')()
>> File "/Users/sebgoa/Desktop/test/d/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py",
line 356, in load_entry_point
>>   return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
>> File "/Users/sebgoa/Desktop/test/d/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py",
line 2431, in load_entry_point
>>   return ep.load()
>> File "/Users/sebgoa/Desktop/test/d/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pkg_resources.py",
line 2147, in load
>> ImportError: No module named cloudmonkey.cloudmonkey
>>

>> On Mar 2, 2015, at 6:33 PM, ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> +1 (binding)  tested basic functionality - seems to work well.

RC candidates.

Blue Brasil
Shape Blue Ltd.