cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BUG: anybody addressing this one ?
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:52:41 GMT
It looks like we have 2 issues here.

1) you are seeing volumes you should not see

2) volume purging is not implemented

There are several solution to #2

1) I've written a shell script that deletes all volumes that are in
detached state for over X number of days. I'll see if i can share the
script. This could be temporary solution run as cronjob periodically.

2) Marcus has written an API extension call that will delete the VM with
volumes, slightly different API call needs to be invoked, something like
destroyVmWithVolumes, the volumes will be expunged at the same time as
VM. Its not part of the cloudstack UI, but could be integrated - hoping
someone with UI experience can do that. The code will be committed
upstream hopefully soon, there is some internal delay for releasing
that, but we will work this through.