cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Major UI login change
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:41:22 GMT
Hi,

Due to a recent fix:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/a308f37232748d422be56bbda62ac34fe44fcf55

Users will need to re-login everytime they refresh the UI or open the UI
again in another tab. It's because multiple sessions (in browser) won't
be able to share the sessionkey cookie (as it won't be available or
removed due to security concern).

As a workaround I've put a fix that in case sessionkey cookie is
available (for example after redirected SAML authentication) we'll use
that and try to login:
https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/6c71d3bae1a3a72a9fa4004decdba4a7174f6913

This may be annoying for users, so please share if you've a solution to
fix this UX issue.

--
Regards,
Rohit Yadav