cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: ACS 4.5 Release [URGENT]
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 08:42:18 GMT
Alright, I'll add an upgrade path and change pom versions.

To ask for other pending issues I'll start another discussion thread.

On Wednesday 11 March 2015 01:53 PM, Sebastien Goasguen wrote:

> On Mar 11, 2015, at 9:03 AM, Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> But shall we stay away from building packages then? 4.5.0 will simply
>>> not be released in DEB or RPM format.
>>>

>> Is there anything that prevents us from releasing the 4.5.0 packages with
>> the patch?
>
> We don't want to do this.
>
> 4.5.0 is an official source release of cloudstack. That means that it has been voted.
By voting we actually transfer the liability to the ASF not the individuals.
> The way I understand it, if someone ever wanted to sue cloudstack, they would sue the
ASF not us.
> That's also why a package is not an official artifacts of our release process.
>
> The system is working well here, we identify a critical bug, unfortunately after voting
4.5.0. But 4.5.0 is not bug free anyway.

> Nothing prevents us from shipping 4.5.1 quickly , we just need to make sure that folks
who might be affected by the bug don't get onto 4.5.0 or have an upgrade path.

--
Regards,
Rohit Yadav

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.