cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From ilya musayev <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Allow configuring system VMs to use local storage at zone level
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2015 17:53:46 GMT
Hi Koushik

Huge +1 from me

I've asked Citrix for this feature as well, wayback, its a pain when you
have mixed zones - but the feature is global.

Thanks
ilya

On 2/27/15 3:25 AM, Koushik Das wrote:
> Currently it is not possible to configure system VMs to use local storage on a per zone
basis. Since it is a global config (system.vm.use.local.storage), either it is enabled for
all zones or none. The idea is to make it a zone level config.
> The current zone level setting of 'enabling local storage for user VMs' won't be impacted.
Now there will be an additional setting for system VMs as well.