cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] VR Password server improvement and expiring
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2015 05:44:57 GMT
Hi Wido and everyone,

Thanks for the suggestion, supporting ipv6 can be easily done though I’m not sure which
interface/IPv6 address to listen on.

Though, this is tricky as not all networks would have an interface with ipv6 enabled (unless
say an admin deploys a shared network with ipv6 address space). Can there be a case where
in a VR the password server should listen and serve on both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

So should we:

1. listen on all interface instead of just VR IPv4 IP, passwords are only served based on
client’s address
2. listen on passed IPV4 IP, but for IPv6 listen on “::” address?
3. or, expect mgmt server to pass appropriate IPv6 address to listen on and only then listen
on it