cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kuang-Ching Wang <kuangching.w...@gmail.com>
Subject MAC for static NAT IP
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2015 15:14:12 GMT
Hi, I have a question about CloudStack’s static NAT implementation.

Currently when static NAT is instantiated, a public IP is allocated to pair with the private
IP.  Looking into the applyStaticNats() in StaticNatServiceProvider, each IP does not come
with an allocated MAC address.

We are exploring support of distributed NAT implementation in the networking plugin, where
the allocated MAC address is critical.  In OpenStack, for example, a static NAT IP is allocated
with a MAC address.

Does CloudStack support the same and I missed it, to, if it does not, is it possible to do
so?

Thanks,
KC