cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Nux! <...@li.nux.ro>
Subject Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate 4.4-RC20150325T1036
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2015 19:07:03 GMT
Great, thanks, doesn't seem too bad.

--
Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!

Nux!
www.nux.ro

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Marcus" <shadowsor@gmail.com>
> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
> Sent: Thursday, 26 March, 2015 18:40:17
> Subject: Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate 4.4-RC20150325T1036

> I put the things I know about in the 4.5 vote thread, to hopefully
> make it into release notes or something later on. I haven't followed
> up to see if that has happened.
> 
> The primary things that come to mind for 4.5 are the interface device
> names and a cgroups issue. For networking, we only support
> eth*,bond*,vx*,em*,vlan*, and even then only support physical device
> names with up to 8 characters, It may be tough to support some
> custom/dynamic nic names, but we could also add eno* to the list for
> better support. In the meantime this can be worked around with some
> kernel params (biosdevname=0 net.ifnames=0) that go back to the
> standard "eth" naming.
> 
> The cgroups issue is that by default now the cpu and cpuacct cgroups
> are 'comounted', so libvirt throws up when we try to use them. You can
> see this in /sys/fs/cgroup, cpu and cpuacct share a mount
> "cpu,cupacct" rather than having their own. Specify an empty
> JoinControllers parameter in /etc/systemd/system.conf to fix this.
> 
> Other than that, the iptables command compatibility layer seems to
> keep things working from a security groups perspective, and the
> libvirt/qemu versions seem to be compatible.
> 
> 
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>> Marcus,
>>
>> Sorry to hi-jack the email, is there a list of things that need to be done on
>> CentOS 7 to make it a working hypervisor?
>> I'm planning to use in for my future servers as it has newer Qemu and especially
>> supports qcow3 which brings performance improvements.
>>
>> Lucian
>>
>> --
>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>
>> Nux!
>> www.nux.ro
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> From: "Marcus" <shadowsor@gmail.com>
>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>> Sent: Thursday, 26 March, 2015 17:45:09
>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate 4.4-RC20150325T1036
>>
>>> I don't think we support CentOS 7 in 4.4, and even in 4.5 as only a
>>> preview as there are specific administrative changes required to make
>>> CentOS7 backward compatible in a way that works with CloudStack
>>> (network device naming, cgroups issues, etc). We should eventually
>>> find those things and fix them, but until we do I think we should only
>>> have experimental support.
>>>
>>> As such, I don't think this is a bug fix so much as adding a feature
>>> to 4.4, which probably shouldn't go into a point release or block an
>>> RC vote, but if it's a very minor change then perhaps it can be put in
>>> for next time.
>>>
>>> vconfig is also available via epel, so that's another option for those
>>> who want to run an unsupported configuration.
>>>
>>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:22 AM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
wrote:
>>>> Hi Star,
>>>>
>>>> I tried to build the centos7 package, but the issue is that 4.4 still depends
on
>>>> tomcat6 which is not available by commonly used EL7 repository for CentOS7,
>>>> tomcat6 rpm can be manually installed to make it work so I’ve avoided building
>>>> EL7 packages for all 4.4.x releases (4.4.0, 4.4.1 and 4.4.2) as well. If
anyone
>>>> has any suggestions, let me know.
>>>>
>>>>> On 26-Mar-2015, at 8:57 pm, Star Guo <starg@ceph.me> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Hi, all,
>>>>>
>>>>> I see that CS 4.4.3 includes rpm packaging scripts for CentOS 7.
>>>>> When using linux bridge for advance network, CS will call modifyvlan.sh
to
>>>>> prepare vlan for bridge. However, "vconfig" is replaced by "iproute"
in CentOS
>>>>> 7.
>>>>>
>>>>> These scripts use vconfig to set vlan:
>>>>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/blob/4.4/scripts/vm/network/vnet/modifyvlan.sh
>>>>>
>>>>> So, This commit as bellow should be backport to branch 4.4:
>>>>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/b37ee25359b724613e9ce5f93423d99f76c2fe5e
>>>>> https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/commit/290938b08ed7b6a89070f5415bdb1be985717dc2
>>>>>
>>>>> Best Regards,
>>>>> Star Guo
>>>>>
>>>>> -----邮件原件-----
>>>>> 发件人: Nux! [mailto:nux@li.nux.ro]
>>>>> 发送时间: 2015年3月26日 18:00
>>>>> 收件人: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>> 主题: Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate 4.4-RC20150325T1036
>>>>>
>>>>> Make that +1 "binding". :)
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>>>
>>>>> Nux!
>>>>> www.nux.ro
>>>>>
>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>> From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
>>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, 25 March, 2015 13:21:18
>>>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate
>>>>>> 4.4-RC20150325T1036
>>>>>
>>>>>> +1 from me as well.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tested with Adv + SG zone, basic operations seem to run just fine.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Lucian
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Nux!
>>>>>> www.nux.ro
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>>>>> From: "Rohit Yadav" <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>
>>>>>>> To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
>>>>>>> Sent: Wednesday, 25 March, 2015 09:59:34
>>>>>>> Subject: Re: [VOTE]Apache CloudStack 4.4.3 release candidate
>>>>>>> 4.4-RC20150325T1036
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> +1 (binding) (this is apparently the same build I tested against
:)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> In case you need to test using a ready-made repository:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> CentOS repo:
>>>>>>> http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/centos/4.4/
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Debian repo:
>>>>>>> http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/debian/4.4/
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Deployed basic zone, systemvms came up. Register template worked.
>>>>>>> Basic vm lifecycles worked - start, stop, reboot, delete, expunge.
>>>>>>> VR operations. SG rules.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On 25-Mar-2015, at 3:19 pm, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> It may have been cosmetical but I decided to do a re-run
of the rc
>>>>>>>> creation script. The centos63 packaging was broken due to
some
>>>>>>>> security fixes and is fixed in this RC.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I've created a 4.4.3 release, with the following artifacts
up for a vote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Git Branch and Commit SH:
>>>>>>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;
>>>>>>>> h=refs/heads/4.4-RC20150325T1036
>>>>>>>> Commit: 9e97030e7942f295e941c7a197241f72cc599bfa
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> List of changes:
>>>>>>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=shortlog;
>>>>>>>> h=refs/tags/4.4.3
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Source release (checksums and signatures are available at
the same
>>>>>>>> location):
>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cloudstack/4.4.3
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> PGP release keys (signed using AA4736F3):
>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/cloudstack/KEYS
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> For sanity in tallying the vote, can PMC members please be
sure to
>>>>>>>> indicate "(binding)" with their vote?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> [ ] +1  approve
>>>>>>>> [ ] +0  no opinion
>>>>>>>> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogland@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>>>>>>>> Rohit (et. al.),
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> If we vote this in this way I will of course release
but baking a
>>>>>>>>> new rc is not the effort. My wish would be to feel ashamed
of not
>>>>>>>>> monitoring the jenkins jobs as a community and bake a
new rc.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> regards,
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Daan
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>>>>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
>>>>>>> services
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> IaaS Cloud Design &
>>>>>>> Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment
>>>>>>> framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>>>>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>>>>> CloudStack Software
>>>>>>> Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>>>>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure
>>>>>>> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training
>>>>>>> Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and
are
>>>>>>> intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is
>>>>>>> addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of
the
>>>>>>> author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd
or
>>>>>>> related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this
>>>>>>> email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,
nor
>>>>>>> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe
>>>>>>> you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
>>>>>>> incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India
LLP is a
>>>>>>> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from
>>>>>>> Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company
>>>>>>> incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape
Blue Ltd.
>>>>>>> ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic
of South Africa
>>>>>>> and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd.
>>>>>>> ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Rohit Yadav
>>>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>>>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
>>>> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services
>>>>
>>>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>>>> CSForge – rapid IaaS deployment framework<http://shapeblue.com/csforge/>
>>>> CloudStack Consulting<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-consultancy/>
>>>> CloudStack Software
>>>> Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>>>> CloudStack Infrastructure
>>>> Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>>>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>>>
>>>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended
solely
>>>> for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions
>>>> expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those
>>>> of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient
>>>> of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents,
nor
>>>> copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have
>>>> received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in
>>>> England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated
in
>>>> India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil
>>>> Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under
>>>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered
by
>>>> The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue
Ltd.
> >> > ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Mime
View raw message