cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Sowmya Krishnan <sowmya.krish...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [Discuss] Disabling storage pool for provisioning of volumes
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:17:45 GMT
Thanks Devdeep for proposing the feature.
I would like to take up testing for this feature. I'll be proposing a Test Plan soon based
on FS and will be uploading it shortly. I'll also include an automation plan

Thanks,
Sowmya

-----Original Message-----
From: Devdeep Singh [mailto:devdeep.singh@citrix.com]
Sent: Monday, March 16, 2015 5:32 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: [Discuss] Disabling storage pool for provisioning of volumes

Hi,

I would like to propose a new feature "Disabling storage pool for provisioning".  This allows
an administrator to disable a storage pool from being used for provisioning of new volumes.
Instances with volumes on a disabled pool will continue to run; however, no new volumes will
get placed on the storage pool. This feature has been asked for in the community [1]. An initial
draft of the FS can also be looked up here [2].

Kindly provide your feedback.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/5jouqvojuhgnlzxt?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eincubator%2Ecloudstack-%2A+Disable+primary+storage
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Disabling+Storage+Pool+for+Provisioning

Regards,