cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Kuang-Ching Wang <kuangching.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: adding Firewall Service to a network element
Date Sat, 28 Feb 2015 02:42:04 GMT
Thanks a bunch Suresh, this solves my problem!

KC

On Feb 27, 2015, at 4:33 PM, Suresh Ramamurthy <suresh.ramamurthy@nuagenetworks.net>
wrote:

> Hi Kuang
>
> You need add a line to include your provider for firewall service. Please find below
the git diff to get an idea...

> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git;a=blobdiff;f=server/src/com/cloud/api/ApiResponseHelper.java;h=013da0b70bd49a3a5260db3c2578f570103f9e71;hp=51122e0c9e94040bd340a2f5cdea59644083d63e;hb=03de9cc;hpb=43dffaad5fd197c87a8dab087066f677a095dee7
>
> Let me know if this works??
>
> Thanks
> Suresh
>
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 5:23 AM, Kuang-Ching Wang <kuangching.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Jeff and Daan!  I will try your suggestions!
>
> KC
>
> On Feb 27, 2015, at 3:05 AM, Jeff Hair <jeff@greenqloud.com> wrote:
>
> > When I did something similar, I had to use some API calls:
> > updateNetworkServiceProvider to enable it, and then
> > addNetworkServiceProvider to put it on the physical network.
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Kuang-Ching Wang
> > <kuangching.wang@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Oh I also added Service.Firewall to its capabilities.  Any tips are appreciated!
> >>
> >> KC

 In the plugin Element class I implement the FirewallServiceProvider interface, as well as
included FirewallServiceProvider.class in its ‘Local’ notation.  After rebuilding the
management server, I still do not see the plugin showing in the Firewall Provider drop down
menu when adding a network offering.