cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Downgrading recommendations from 4.4.2 to 4.3.2
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 12:34:08 GMT
Andrei,

downgrading the database is your big problem. You don't want to
restore at this point. I would go for fix forward but that's having
the ability to maintain my own.branch.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei@arhont.com> wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I was hoping to get some suggestions on how to perform a downgrade from a live 4.4.2
environment back to 4.3.2. After performing an upgrade 4 days ago, I have discovered a bunch
of problems with 4.4.2 release, which makes it unusable for me. Problems like CLOUDSTACK-8201,
CLOUDSTACK-8210 and inability to create new instances (yet to open a support ticket) are kind
of big issues for me!

> Prior to performing an upgrade I've backed up cloud and cloud_usage databases of version
4.3.2. I have previously downgraded ACS several times without any issues. However, i've done
the downgrade a few hours after performing an upgrade. This time, it's been about 4 days since
i've done the upgrade. Since then, I've restarted many networks with clean up enabled, which
resulted in creation of new virtual routers. I've also created a few test vms, templates and
snapshots, but I am not actually too concerned about those.

> What is the best route for me to do a downgrade to 4.3.2? I am planning to do it this
weekend, however, I can do it sooner. Just need to make sure my ACS will not be even more
broken.

--
Daan