cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Testing - Let's do a (hopefully final) Apache CloudStack 4.5.0 RC3?
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 21:04:30 GMT
Hi all,

I’ve tested CloudStack 4.5 branch over the last 3-4 weeks and I think we’re at a very
good stage now where all major regressions have been fixed and based my testing of KVM with
local/shared storage and Abhi’s testing of Xen 6.2+6.5 with local/shared storage in both
shared and isolated networks along with testing upgrade paths from 4.3.2 and 4.4.2, I think
4.5 is a golden branch now.

While I’m personally satisfied with 4.5 now though there are few known minor UI, logging
and misc issues. I don’t have VMWare/Windows licenses, additional hardware and setup so
was not able to test VMWare against 4.5.

Instead of just kicking yet another RC, I want to discuss in this thread any major blockers,
issues or bugs that others are facing. If so, please share them here so we can try to fix
them as soon as possible.

In case you’re yet to test or want to help testing latest 4.5 - you can use the following
repos:

CentOS6 Repo:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/centos/

CentOS7 Repo:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/centos7/

Debian Repo:
http://packages.shapeblue.com/cloudstack/testing/debian/

SystemVM templates: (with latest patches based on latest Debian 7.8)
http://packages.shapeblue.com/systemvmtemplate/4.5/

Once we’re in agreement that there are no pending blockers or critical issues, we an then
have David kick (hopefully) a final RC3 for voting next week.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav
Software Architect, ShapeBlue
M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com