cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Wilder Rodrigues <WRodrig...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Allow configuring system VMs to use local storage at zone level
Date Fri, 27 Feb 2015 18:59:02 GMT
Hi there,

I have to have a look at the code, but I think it's already possible.

And why? I myself did some changes on that some time ago. Perhaps it's not really clear due
to the message we get when we select the local storage option, but it works.

If when creating a zone you select local storage but on the global settings local storage
is false, it will respect the selection per zone.

So, it is already implemented.

Please give me 12 hours to send a code snippet... I'm replying from my phone now.

Cheers,
Wilder

Sent from my iPhone

> On 27 Feb 2015, at 14:21, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Sounds good, go for it!
>
>> On 27-Feb-2015, at 4:55 pm, Koushik Das <koushik.das@citrix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Currently it is not possible to configure system VMs to use local storage on a per
zone basis. Since it is a global config (system.vm.use.local.storage), either it is enabled
for all zones or none. The idea is to make it a zone level config.
>> The current zone level setting of 'enabling local storage for user VMs' won't be
impacted. Now there will be an additional setting for system VMs as well.

>> I will create a tracking bug and FS for this.
>>
>> Comments?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Koushik
>
> Regards,