cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <DHoogl...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject upgrade to 4.4.2
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 12:41:14 GMT
H everyone,

last Thursday we promoted 4.4.2 to our second (as in customer) production environment. This
went all smoothly but for one issue. It is running and nothing seems to be in the way.

The issue (for which probably a colleague will create a ticket when all investigation is done
is; In a large isolated network with 150+ vms the router won't restart with the new template.
After removing a couple of idle vms it does start again. The root cause is that the configure
dhcp command that is now an aggregate command is to large. All dhcp data and commands to set
the leases in the vr are passed as a argument to vmops on the (xenserver 6.2) host. vmops
then doesn't return and ACS destroys the router again.

In spite of a long night work we are all in all very happy with again a successful upgrade.
Just in time to focus on 4.5 ;)

\DaanH