cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Downgrading recommendations from 4.4.2 to 4.3.2
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 12:21:02 GMT

Hello guys,

I was hoping to get some suggestions on how to perform a downgrade from a live 4.4.2 environment
back to 4.3.2. After performing an upgrade 4 days ago, I have discovered a bunch of problems
with 4.4.2 release, which makes it unusable for me. Problems like CLOUDSTACK-8201, CLOUDSTACK-8210
and inability to create new instances (yet to open a support ticket) are kind of big issues
for me!

Prior to performing an upgrade I've backed up cloud and cloud_usage databases of version 4.3.2.
I have previously downgraded ACS several times without any issues. However, i've done the
downgrade a few hours after performing an upgrade. This time, it's been about 4 days since
i've done the upgrade. Since then, I've restarted many networks with clean up enabled, which
resulted in creation of new virtual routers. I've also created a few test vms, templates and
snapshots, but I am not actually too concerned about those.

What is the best route for me to do a downgrade to 4.3.2? I am planning to do it this weekend,
however, I can do it sooner. Just need to make sure my ACS will not be even more broken.

Many thanks

Andrei