cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject CloudStack and virtio-scsi support in KVM
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 19:15:22 GMT
Hello guys,

I was wondering what is the current support for implementing virtio-scsi support for KVM hypervisors?
I couldn't find much by googling apart from it has been built into OpenStack already.

The reason for using virtio-scsi instead of virtio-blk would be increasing the number of devices
you can attach to a vm, but also, and that's what I am interested in is the ability to use
discard and reclaim unused blocks from the backend storage like ceph rbd. There are also talks
about having a greater performance advantage as well.

Thanks

Andrei