cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject inconsistent listXXX API behaviors
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 20:45:00 GMT
Hi, all

We have noticed some behavior differences among various listXXX API calls as shown bellow:

When using listZones API with “name=xxx” argument, the returned zone’s name must be
an exact match for the given argument value. In this example, zone name must be exactly “xxx”
for it to be returned by this call.

When using listPods API with “name=pod” argument, all pods whose name ends with “pod”
will be returned by this call. For example, pods with name as “my_pod”, “my_2nd_pod”
and “new_pod” will all be returned.  In other words, in these this API call, the name
match is a sub string match, not exact string match, with given argument value.  The API listClusters
behaves the same way as listPods.

Are the different behavior among these API calls intentional? If so what are the rationales
for the differences ? If the different behavior is due to bugs in implementations,  then there
are over 100 listXXX type API calls whose behavior needs to be reviewed to see how many of
them show buggy behaviors.

Thanks

Yiping