cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2015 09:49:09 GMT
On Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 10:21 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
some and then
> PS: it would be nice to tag git with a 5.3.1-tentative tag during voting...

May I sugest a tag like 5.3.1-RC20150101T0000? This way we can have
tags for multiple release candidates (stolen from the 4.4 release
procedure)

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 4:36 PM, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>

>>> On 03-Jan-2015, at 12:25 am, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
>>>
>>> Releases can't be vetoed. You can vote -1, but it's a 'lazy majority'
>>> vote not 'lazy consensus’
>>
>> Reading from http://cloudstack.apache.org/bylaws.html
>>
>> 3.2.1. Lazy Consensus - Lazy consensus requires 3 binding +1 votes and no binding
-1 votes.

>> 3.3.1. Vetoes are only possible in a lazy consensus vote.
>>
>> Assuming this thread may not receive a lot of attention (since the window has passed
as we only have one +1 binding vote from Daan), I’m simply requesting the PMC to consider
testing and voting for doing 5.3.1 release using the least applicable consensus option (lazy
consensus, while the document may need corrections but it says vetoes are possible in lazy
consensus vote) as per our bylaws and as per the release process (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudMonkey+Release+Procedure).

> +1 (binding) did sanity check, did not check keys.
>
> PS: it would be nice to tag git with a 5.3.1-tentative tag during voting...
>
>> Regards,
>> Rohit Yadav
>> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
>> M. +91 88 262 30892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com