cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quality improvement process today
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 13:11:27 GMT
actually Stephen, the issue is for committers that work on security or
other urgent patches as gerrit wants to be sole owner of the repo.
This is fine once we are at a more advanced level in our ci/cd process
but not for now.

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Stephen Turner
<Stephen.Turner@citrix.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the minutes, Pierre-Luc. I think you're right that gerrit was considered to
be good on quality but hard to maintain; but also I think we said that the "hospitality" would
be a problem for non-committers.

> --
> Stephen Turner

too much effort from the community.
> 2. github pull request is the easiest way to contribute, so David will setup trigger
on github to launch CI against PR using jenkins plugin: pull request builder 3. gated commit
using gerrit might be highly complex to put in place, but highly fit in the hospitality and
quality principles 4. need to move jenkins.bac,o into Apache infra

--
Daan