cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Ramamurthy <suresh.ramamur...@nuagenetworks.net>
Subject Guest VM hostname to its IP address mapping is not getting set in Virtual Router's /etc/hosts file
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:53:06 GMT
Hi Alena, Sheng Yang,

In my setup where I have DNS provider as VR and Connectivity/DHCP provider
as NuageVsp, /etc/hosts file is not getting populated with hostname to IP
map.

Could you please explain how and when is Guest VM hostname to its IP
mapping created on VR where VR is running as a DNS server. What am I
missing here? Is there any documentation available on this?

Also, I found that hostname of the guest VM, with CentOS, is not getting
its host name set.

Help is much appreciated..

Thanks,
Suresh