cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkow...@solidfire.com>
Subject [Question] GUI and failed async commands
Date Mon, 26 Jan 2015 20:35:02 GMT
Hi,

I noticed that the GUI reports what appears to be success when I try to
delete a snapshot, but the snapshot is not really being deleted.

I've tracked down where the snapshot-delete commands fails (as it should
fail in this test scenario) and an exception is thrown.

If I try to delete the snapshot from CloudMonkey, I see the correct error
message.

If I try to delete the snapshot from the GUI, the GUI claims the command
was successful, but the snapshot is (as expected) not deleted.

I wonder if this is a general GUI problem with regards to async commands
that fail.

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

--