cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Crerie <roger.cre...@hds.com>
Subject RE: eclipse build problems
Date Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:40:02 GMT
Thanks for the reply Mike.  I see though I am now running into the same problem you did when
trying to start the client from eclipse.  I have already edited my eclipse.ini file thusly.....

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.3.0.v20140415-2008.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_64_1.1.200.v20140603-1326
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
2048m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.appendVmargs
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.6
-Xms1024m
-Xmx2048m

And based on one of your emails I found on the web I also set the Environment variable MAVEN_OPTS
 to -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1g

I am still seeing OutOfMemoryErrors....

NFO  [c.c.u.d.GenericDaoBase] (main:null) Cache created: [ name = UserDaoImpl status = STATUS_ALIVE
eternal = false overflowToDisk = false maxEntriesLocalHeap = 5000 maxEntriesLocalDisk = 0
memoryStoreEvictionPolicy = LRU timeToLiveSeconds = 300 timeToIdleSeconds = 300 persistence
= none diskExpiryThreadIntervalSeconds = 120 cacheEventListeners: net.sf.ehcache.statistics.LiveCacheStatisticsWrapper
 hitCount = 0 memoryStoreHitCount = 0 diskStoreHitCount = 0 missCountNotFound = 0 missCountExpired
= 0 maxBytesLocalHeap = 0 overflowToOffHeap = false maxBytesLocalOffHeap = 0 maxBytesLocalDisk
= 0 pinned = false ]
2015-01-30 14:32:30.297:WARN:oejw.WebAppContext:main: Failed startup of context o.e.j.m.p.JettyWebAppContext@14efeb2b{/client,file:/C:/workspaces/Cloudstack/WS1/cloudstack/client/target/generated-webapp/,STARTING}{file:/C:/workspaces/Cloudstack/WS1/cloudstack/client/target/generated-webapp/}
org.springframework.context.ApplicationContextException: Failed to start bean 'cloudStackLifeCycle';
nested exception is java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
	at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.doStart(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:170)
	at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.access$200(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:51)
	at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor$LifecycleGroup.start(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:339)
	at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.startBeans(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:143)
	at org.springframework.context.support.DefaultLifecycleProcessor.onRefresh(DefaultLifecycleProcessor.java:108)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishRefresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:947)
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:482)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.loadContext(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:145)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet$2.with(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:122)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:245)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:250)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:250)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.withModule(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:233)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.loadContexts(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:117)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.model.impl.DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.load(DefaultModuleDefinitionSet.java:79)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.ModuleBasedContextFactory.loadModules(ModuleBasedContextFactory.java:37)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.init(CloudStackSpringContext.java:70)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<init>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:57)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.factory.CloudStackSpringContext.<init>(CloudStackSpringContext.java:61)
	at org.apache.cloudstack.spring.module.web.CloudStackContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(CloudStackContextLoaderListener.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ContextHandler.java:798)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.callContextInitialized(ServletContextHandler.java:444)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:789)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler.startContext(ServletContextHandler.java:294)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startWebapp(WebAppContext.java:1345)

Has anyone gotten this running from eclipse?

Roger Crerie