cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From John Kinsella <...@stratosec.co>
Subject Re: pnfs support?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 19:18:36 GMT
I’m a little surprised we don’t see more mentions of Lustre et al in the IaaS space, but
I guess the HPC crowd don’t want hypervisors getting in the way.

Personally I’m quite happy with kvm+rbd. CephFS sounds nice but I can only hold my breath
for so long...

Anyways - seems easy to add support ("-o minorversion=1”)[1] but it’s not clear to me
how to tell the minor version the server’s running - looks like nfsstat only reports major
version?

1: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Storage_Administration_Guide/ch09s02.html

> On Jan 14, 2015, at 11:59 PM, Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> pNFS is more in the Lustre, GPFS landscape, supposed to be a real parallel file system
with all posix semantics supported.

> ..but I never used it…
>
> everyone has been waiting on CephFS :)
>
> On Jan 14, 2015, at 10:38 PM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
>
>> Somebody in the silicon valley meetup just asked about pNFS [1] - I’d never heard
of it, but sounds interesting and in theory would negate a lot of the ugliness of NFS.