cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From David Bierce <david.bie...@appcore.com>
Subject Re: pnfs support?
Date Thu, 15 Jan 2015 17:05:28 GMT
pNFS is NFS v4.1 with a the ability to have the head end paralleled and HA, but you’re still
reliant on the backend doing any sort of replication. Adding support the cloudstack way would
be trivial if it was just verified the client supported it on the hypervisor, and even then
the deployments I’ve seen would still allow failover to NFS v3

For the most part, people seem to be waiting for CephFS to become primetime, but if you’re
using the big NFS hardware solutions, I think most support pNFS now.

I’ve personally used pNFS with https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/ <https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/>
as the NFS server and Ceph as the backend, but that felt kind of dirty and will be less useful
for most when CephFS goes primetime.

> On Jan 14, 2015, at 9:38 PM, John Kinsella <jlk@stratosec.co> wrote:
>
> Somebody in the silicon valley meetup just asked about pNFS [1] - I’d never heard of
it, but sounds interesting and in theory would negate a lot of the ugliness of NFS.