cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Hugo Trippaers <trip...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CentOS 7 support
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2015 19:29:23 GMT
Hey guys,

I already did the packaging of ACS management server on centos 7. I didn't get around to doing
the agent packaging. But the management server is already using systemd so there are some
examples. See packaging/centos7 in the source tree.

I'd be happy to help with packaging of you need some support there.

Cheers,

Hugo

Sent from my iPhone

> On 09 Jan 2015, at 18:23, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
> Hi Marcus,
>
> No experience with ACS and CentOS 7, but AFAIK the old init scripts should still work,
though ideally we should eventually use proper service files to take advantage of systemd.

> Re firewalld, I tried to avoid it as much as I could as I believe it just complicates
matters; I am not necesarilly against it, but just chose to use good old iptables directly,
I see it more of a tool for begineers and it doesn't help if you already know your way around
iptables.
> I see similar trends of simplifying iptables also in the Ubuntu camp with "ufw".
>
> CentOS 7 includes a package called iptables-services which implements the old behaviour
of loading up rules directly from /etc/sysconfig/iptables as well as making "service iptables
stop|start|save" happen.