cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "ChunFeng" <chunf...@domolo.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack repos
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2014 10:59:50 GMT
Hi Rohit,

For end user , even for developers , two repos may raise some mix-up.

Could you please modify the README.md file in ShapeBlue's repo by add some statements for
explaination ?

------------------
Regards,

ChunFeng

From:  "Rohit Yadav"<rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>;
Date:  Mon, Dec 1, 2014 07:05 PM
To:  "dev"<dev@cloudstack.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: Cloudstack repos

Hi Vadim,

The official repository is at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cloudstack.git

A mirror is available on Github which is more easy to work with, to get
started I would recommend you fork the Github repository, work on it and
pull/rebase using the above official repository, and send us Github Pull
Requests for any code contributions: github.com/apache/cloudstack

Our (ShapeBlue's) CloudStack repo on github is public for transparency
purposes and to host release notes and tags of our patches. We think of
our repo as a backup of CloudStack repository (that syncs faster than
the github mirror using a cronjob) and we also note in its description
that they should be considered as our backup only.

On Monday 01 December 2014 03:42 PM, Vadim Kimlaychuk wrote:
> Hello Dev-s
>
>              I am looking closer to the CS development process and if possible wish to
contribute. I have found there are at least 2 repos for CS. One, I suppose, is official :
git://git.apache.org/cloudstack.git  another one is https://github.com/shapeblue/cloudstack.git
>              Where does development take place? Are these 2 repos in sync with each other?
Are there more repos where developers do their work? What is the purpose to have more of them
?

--
Regards,
Rohit Yadav