cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Southam <ISout...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: Redundant VPC routers
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 13:45:54 GMT
Hi Karl,

On 12 Dec 2014, at 15:51, Karl Harris <karl.harris@sungardas.com<mailto:karl.harris@sungardas.com>>
wrote:

We have looked at the Java refactoring work. I seems most of that work was a true refactoring
in that it didn't change the interface used to manipulate the systemvm's.

We could not find any posted changes to the systemvm's, unless we are looking in the wrong
place. ;-)

Daan asked me to drop you a mail and explain a little bit where we have been concentrating
our efforts.

Most of the Java refactor is indeed what you saw, a refactor to make the code more logical,
eliminate duplication get the methods better aligned with the classes and so on but that is
not all.

We have also introduced a new way of sending the configuration to the systemvm itself.  Instead
of calling scripts, a json file is passed to the server and processed.

The processing is done by some python code (to be found in /opt/cloud/bin)

The idea is that it is a self healing convergence based system.  We had planned to use chef
solo to do this but, it was just too slow.

If you spin up our branch and make your self a network and an instance, log on to the VR and
take a look in /etc/cloudstack and /var/cache/cloud/processed

It would be really interesting to use to maybe share ideas and work.  It would be such a shame
if we are duplicating each other’s efforts!

--
Regards
Ian