cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Release plan for 4.3.2 ? If any.
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2014 13:34:38 GMT
Hi France,

Yes, from next week we’ll start testing 4.3.2 aggressively and start voting round. I’ve
backported 100+ bugfixes on it since 4.3.1 release/tag but need to invest some more time to
test for regressions before it can be released. I anticipate that we can publish 4.3.2 before
Christmas.

People are free to choose whichever repositories they want to use (main or upstream) from
http://shapeblue.com/packages. Both of our repositories are stable and used in production,
some users want to just use the upstream/official releases and others want to use “main”
repository which is same as official releases with some additional bugfixes (hence also called
patches).

We’ve also started publishing brief release notes on such patches, for examples:
https://github.com/shapeblue/cloudstack/wiki/Apache-CloudStack-4.3.1-ShapeBlue-Patch01

> Hi guys,
>
> there are quite some bugfixes in repository from 4.3.1 onwards.
> Is there a plan to release 4.3.2 containing lots of these bugfixes?
>
> I know shapeblue has published their builds including lots bugfixes, but would you really
want people to start using shapeblue’s repositories instead of official ones?

> Regards,
> F.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav