cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:34:55 GMT
its my bad i have wrongly pasted it  to wrong mail thread . its for 4.3.2

sorry for the inconvenience.

regards
sadhu
From: Sebastien Goasguen [runseb@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 3:50 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.1

On Dec 19, 2014, at 5:09 AM, Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sadhu@citrix.com> wrote:

> Rohit,
>
> I am seeing below exception after enabling zone,system vms fail to start .even after
copying the vhd-util on host ,i still see  this below exception.
> is there any specific reason for this below failure?

> INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-90824cd9) releasing lock for
VMTemplateStoragePool 96
> WARN  [c.c.u.d.Merovingian2] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-90824cd9) Was unable to find lock for
the key template_spool_ref96 and thread id 1326468965
> INFO  [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-90824cd9) Unable to contact
resource.
> com.cloud.exception.StorageUnavailableException: Resource [StoragePool:1] is unreachable:
Unable to create Vol[42|vm=42|ROOT]:Catch Exception com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException
for template +  due to com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: failed to dd /var/run/cloud_mount/0ec57654-6b1c-4274-b07c-91f2a1eb3a1f//b051e4dc-1f05-49f8-8f61-4d6589005108.vhd
to /var/run/sr-mount/4af66230-c143-a4d9-ce9b-63b9e64602d0/7e78e277-38e2-4a56-bbdd-66d124f2cd31.vhd
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.engine.orchestration.VolumeOrchestrator.recreateVolume(VolumeOrchestrator.java:1204)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.engine.orchestration.VolumeOrchestrator.prepare(VolumeOrchestrator.java:1256)
>        at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:963)
>        at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:761)
>        at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:745)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:555)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:941)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1666)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:157)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:118)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:35)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:88)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.runInContext(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:79)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:49)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
>        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> INFO  [c.c.h.x.r.CitrixResourceBase] (DirectAgent-11:ctx-49709bc5) VM does not exist
on XenServer95d18ca7-b4d1-4135-9b27-42b9b62ae1f2
> WARN  [c.c.c.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-90824cd9) Exception while trying
to start console proxy
> com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a deployment
for VM[ConsoleProxy|v-42-VM]Scope=interface com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>        at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:922)
>        at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:761)
>        at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.advanceStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:745)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.startProxy(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:555)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.allocCapacity(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:941)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:1666)
>        at com.cloud.consoleproxy.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.expandPool(ConsoleProxyManagerImpl.java:157)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.loadScan(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:118)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner.access$100(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:35)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.reallyRun(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:88)
>        at com.cloud.vm.SystemVmLoadScanner$1.runInContext(SystemVmLoadScanner.java:79)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:49)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>        at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
>        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
> INFO  [c.c.c.ConsoleProxyManagerImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-084c23b6) Found a stopped console
proxy, bring it up to running pool. proxy vm id : 42
> INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (consoleproxy-1:ctx-084c23b6) lock is acquired for
VMTemplateStoragePool 97
> INFO  [o.a.c.s.v.VolumeServiceImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-5f6dca7d) Unable to acquire lock
on VMTemplateStoragePool 96
> ERROR [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-5f6dca7d) Failed to start instance
VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-50-VM]
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to acquire lock on VMTemplateStoragePool:
96

Hi Suresh, it does not look like a cloudmonkey error. Are you testing 4.3.2, or trying the
new cloudmonkey to configure a DC ?