cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Development environment
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2014 14:04:16 GMT
Hi Ramzi,

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Setting+up+CloudStack+Development+Environment

> The thing is that I want to create a plugin in Cloudstack. There are many
> tutorials on how to do that but the thing is that every time I create
> something, I need to re-deploy everything again and it takes at least 5
> minutes to run the maven commands and see the changes.
>
> Is there any way to develop the plugins or to do changes in the code "on
> the fly"? so I can type something and press F5 in my browser and see the
> changes immediately? What is the right project that I have to download to
> do this?

If you make change to your plugin or any other component you don't have
to build the entire codebase since that takes a lot of time. Instead do
this;

mvn clean install -pl <path to your plugin>, client

this will only build the plugin and rebuilt client which is where all
plugins and dependencies get compiled in a war file (the mgmt server).

--
Regards,
Rohit Yadav

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.