cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Simplify CloudMonkey's branching/maintenance process
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 13:21:11 GMT
Hi everyone,

Thanks for voting and for your feedback. The voting concludes today
after 72 hours since the initial email, we've 10 +1s, 0 -1s and 0 +0s
and with at least 3 +1s from PMC members the voting passes.

I'll go ahead and clean old branches, update release process wiki for
CloudMonkey and we'll follow the following process:

- master is the only main working branch
- branch based workflow where the aim is to make sure master is always
stable
- tags and rolling releases out of master
- CloudMonkey releases should be backward compatible with clean upgrades

On Wednesday 10 December 2014 10:17 PM, Suresh Sadhu wrote:
> +1

synced on 5.3 branch. I want to ask the community if anyone has any objections on just keeping
master as the working branch and have branches when they are needed (say documentation, feature
work
> etc) and once they are merged they can be removed. We have git tags to identify past
release so is it also alright with everyone to remove the support branches such as 5.3/5.2
etc.

> This way we will have:
> - one main working branch (master)
> - branch based workflow: feature branches for doing feature work, pull requests or reviewboard
for bugfixes for non-committers
> - master is aimed to remain stable
> - master will have its own TravisCI and tests (in upcoming weeks)
> - CloudMonkey aims for progressive/rolling releases that are backward compatible with
older releases and have clean upgrades

> For this please vote with your comments/suggestions;
>
> +1  approve
> +0  no opinion
> -1  disapprove (and reason why)
>
> Regards,
> Rohit Yadav
> Software Architect, ShapeBlue
> M. +91 8826230892 | rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
> Blog: bhaisaab.org | Twitter: @_bhaisaab PS. If you see any footer below, I did not add
it :) Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related services

> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//

> CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-
> engineering/>
> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<http://shapeblue.com/ cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>