cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From papu bhattcharaya <p...@ptrsoft.com>
Subject Can't ping/ssh any guest from a laptop attached in same vlan - guests can talk wth each other though
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 16:35:11 GMT
Hi ,
I am using cloudstack(4.4.1) with KVM host. I have a L3 switch - partitioned to 4 vlans
public(CIDR:-192.168.1.0/24)
guest vlan (CIDR:-10.0.0.0/24)
management vlan (CIDR:-10.0.1.0/24)
storage vlan (CIDR:-10.0.2.0/24)

I have a kvm host with four physical NICS that a connected in switch and each NIC is connected
in each different vlan.
I have created bridge over each physical nics:-
Cloudrbr0:-ip address:-10.0.0.24 connected on the port of the switch belongs to guest vlan)
Cloudbr1:-ip address:-10.0.1.24  (connected on the port of the switch belongs to management
vlan)
Cloudbr2:-ip address:-10.0.2.24 (connected on the port of the switch belongs to storage vlan)
Cloudbr3:-ip address:-192.168.1.24  (connected on the port of the switch belongs to public
vlan)

I have a physical machine with four NICS and CloudStack management is installed on it and
four NICS are connected in four vlans with ip.
=>I have created a zone with advanced networking and everything been success so far.

when I created two instances(guests) on kvm host,  I can ping this instances with each other.(
guest1/ guest2)
i.e
Instance1:-ip address:-10.0.0.90
Instance2:-ip address:-10.0.0.91
Virtual router:-ip address:-10.0.0.4
Now when I tried to ping /ssh the guest from a laptop attached in same vlan (guest vlan) ,
I can’t ping guests.
>From the laptop , I can ping 10.0.0.24 ( my cloudbr0 ip – in KVM host machine) , but
cant ping/ssh any guest.
There is no firewall issues - i checked.

I have attached a network diagram also for better understanding of issues.

Could you please help me so that I can ping /ssh to any guest from any machine in guest vlan.
Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Papu Bhattacharya
CEO- PTR Technologies