cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject CLOUDSTACK-6543 Sorting the domain list in UI
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:40:22 GMT
Hi all,

In our employee cloud most of our employees have their own Domain to spin up machines. Since
we have 150+ domains and the lists are unsorted, it is very hard to find the one you need.
The order returned by the API is the order they were added.

Without any knowledge of the CloudStack UI, I decided to spend some spare time on this, to
figure out a way of fixing this issue. I succeeded, as in my dev environment it now shows
alphabetically ordered lists. Although, I discovered that the javascript code that does the
select for the domains is on many places in the code base (25+ occurrences, with 3 or so variations).
Am I supposed to fix this “ordering” on all these occurrences or am I missing something?

First, I fixed it on the most obvious parts that bother us most:
https://github.com/remibergsma/cloudstack/commit/af3a7755a26e13d36a3600f16acac61085a1fa50
This I have verified works well.

Then did a search and altered the others as well:
https://github.com/remibergsma/cloudstack/commit/f0a2e09df4b9887d771250dc8682739b8728952b
This I still need to test/verify.

Before I proceed, could you let me know if this is the way to fix it (without refactoring
the whole thing into a single shared function).

Thanks,
Remi