cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <Vadim.Kimlayc...@Elion.ee>
Subject RE: KVM - VM snapshot (round 2)
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 11:11:36 GMT
CS does not support memory snapshots for XenServer. Disk snapshots are working. Not sure about
VmWare, but I guess it should be the same. I thought the reachest feature-set is developed
for KVM. But if it does not support memory snapshots - I wonder wich hypervisor does it ?
This option at user interface exists, but I didn't see it worked.

Vadim.

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrija Panic [mailto:andrija.panic@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2014 12:51 PM
To: dev@cloudstack.apache.org; users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: KVM - VM snapshot (round 2)

Hi guys,

still wondering is there any interest into imlementing the VM snapshoot for KVM ?

We desperately need it, so will try to contribute anyway we can (not me obviosuly, not a developer,
but my colegues will).

Can you give some guidance on this subject - I'm aware of the design documents here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/VM+Snapshots
but any more input would be very much appriciated.

I understand, that VMware/Xen natively support this, and that it might have bigger user-base
for Xen VS KVM - but this is one of the major KVM missing features...

Any input greatly appreciated...

--

Andrija Panić