cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From "Star Guo" <st...@ceph.me>
Subject 答复: Cloudstack and Disaster Recovery
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 12:51:13 GMT
Hi,

I think if you make nfs as primary storage backend on brtfs or zfs (freenas?) you could take
a snapshot and send all to DR site. Also, a plan of increment snapshot.
This may be good method.

Best Regards,
Star Guo

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Nux! [mailto:nux@li.nux.ro]
发送时间: 2014年12月8日 20:34
收件人: dev@cloudstack.apache.org
主题: Cloudstack and Disaster Recovery

Hi,

I'm getting more and more requests from customers to have "mini clouds" installed, but also
DR capability.
This would be a great occasion to introduce them to Cloudstack, except for the DR bit for
which I have found no straightforward way of performing. I'd have to replicate a whole lot
of stuff to make it work.

Right now I'm stuck with setups of 3+ hypervisors running plain libvirt/KVM because of this;
DR is a no-brainer, I'm just dumping xml metadata for VMs and rsync qcow2 files over SSH,
making sure all the storage and networks pools are in place.

Pointers?

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro