cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Higginbottom <geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.0 (round #4)
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 14:55:14 GMT
-1 from me for the following reasons:

1. Can no longer clear the Username and Password settings from the config using the set commands
- I initially connect with these, then auto configure the API & Secret Key, then delete
the old username and password settings using:

#cloudmonkey set username
#cloudmonkey set password

But it throws an error about not allowing blank values and does not clear the values from
the config file (it works in earlier versions)

2.  Launching now takes a lot longer, suspect an authentication issue

3. A number of my scripts which have worked for all previous versions now no longer work,
in particular anything with spaces in seems to fail:

e.g.  This line used to work, but now it fails
offeringid1=`$cli list serviceofferings name='"Small Instance"' | grep ^id\ = | awk '{print
$3}'`
If I rename the offering using the UI to Small_Instance (to remove the space) then it works

e.g. This line used to work
$cli create serviceoffering cpunumber=1 cpuspeed=500 displaytext='"Ultra Tiny - 1vCPU, 128MB
RAM"' memory=128 name='"Ultra Tiny"' offerha=true
Now it generates a Compute Offering with a name of "Ultra\ Tiny" and a description of "Ultra\
Tiny\ -\ 1vCPU,\ 128MB\ RAM" - note the \ before every space

4.  query asyncjobresult is timing out when running in a script

Some of these errors may be caused by errors in my scripts, but I have been using these very
scripts for testing for some time now and they have always worked OK with earlier versions
of CloudMonkey

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com