cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Chiradeep Vittal <Chiradeep.Vit...@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Moving ec2stack and gstack to the cloudstack repos.
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:19:00 GMT
Seems legit, but from (bitter) experience, there is no point in a compatible API layer unless
somebody puts in the elbow grease to test the compatibility. Since the actual EC2 API as implemented
by AWS changes frequently and has undocumented semantics and  behavior that varies from the
WSDL, this takes some work. So, my question would be how would this benefit the community
(unless someone has tested out the compatibility with various tools such as boto, ec2-* CLI).

From: Sebastien Goasguen <runseb@gmail.com<mailto:runseb@gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, November 22, 2014 at 12:41 PM
To: "dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>" <dev@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:dev@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: Moving ec2stack and gstack to the cloudstack repos.

Folks,

Some of you may know of the existence of:

https://github.com/BroganD1993/ec2stack
https://github.com/NOPping/gstack

These represent a EC2 and a GCE interface to cloudstack.
Flask applications that map the requests to the cloudstack API.

There was only 3 contributors, myself, Ian (PMC and committer on CS) and Darren Brogan.
Darren worked on this during his GSoC 2014 summer project.

Both projects are on Apache V2 license.

The three of us (Ian, Darren and myself) agree that we would like to move them under the umbrella
of cloudstack and manage separate releases like we do cloud monkey.

Any objections ?

-Sebastien