cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Should we install XenServer tools in systemvmtemplates
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 15:42:18 GMT
>From the XenServer perspective, we have a small problem.  The XenServer
tools are backward compatible, but not guaranteed forward compatible.  What
that means is we'd need to include the XenServer 5.6 tools, and those have
a commercial license.  The XenServer 5.6 tools also have a few bugs which
were fixed in later versions.

I'm certain we could define a minimum version which would work, and could
solve any commercial license concerns, but what about having the system VMs
automatically download and apply the correct tools?  Since we know the
hypervisor version, could we even go so far as automatically update the
tools should the hypervisor be upgraded?

-tim