cloudstack-dev mailing list archives

From Daan Hoogland <daan.hoogl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advised to send to Dev list - Broken update from 4.4 to 4.4.1
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:57:24 GMT
can't wait to hair you shout success

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 12:44 PM, Matthew Midgett
<cloudstck@trick-solutions.com.invalid> wrote:
> I've rolled it back to 4.4.0 every time as as I can't leave a broken system I will upgrade
to 4.4.1 in about an 2 hours and report back.

> Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® III

<daan.hoogland@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:11/20/2014  3:44 AM  (GMT-05:00)
Re: Advised to send to Dev list - Broken update from 4.4 to 4.4.1 </div><div>

> ALTER TABLE  `snapshot_policy` ADD  `display` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'
>
> Can you try this in your upgraded system and restart?
>
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 3:47 AM, Matthew Midgett
> <cloudstck@trick-solutions.com.invalid> wrote:
>> 4.4.2-Snapshot fails at the same
>> Starting com.cloud.bridge.service.controller.s3.ServiceProvider_EnhancerByCloudStack_8d3a94eb
>>
>> CONFIDENTIAL: This electronic mail, including any attachment(s) may contain information
that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other
than its intended recipient(s).  Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its
contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately by reply
email so that I may correct my internal records.  Please then delete the original message
(including any attachments) in its entirety.  Thank you.

be a upgrade migration path back to 4.4.2 release?

>>> Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® III

Hoogland
>>> <daan.hoogland@gmail.com> </div><div>Date:11/19/2014  4:54
AM
>>> (GMT-05:00) </div><div>To: dev <dev@cloudstack.apache.org>
the latest state of the 4.4 branch)? to see if there is a difference there.

them to you. The problem lies in the network part.

information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to
anyone other than its intended recipient(s).  Any dissemination or use of this electronic
email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s)
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately
by reply email so that I may correct my internal records.  Please then delete the original
message (including any attachments) in its entirety.  Thank you.

starting the bridge networking.  I dropped the DB and set it up like a fresh install and that
worked. I uploaded the upgraded db and it still failed to start so I decided to diff them.
I then ran win merge and merged a  lot of lines and it started again. My network was not
showing correctly and that made since, since it would fail at the part. I spent most of the
day yesterday mucking around the db before I said screw it and rolled the upgrade back. I
am 100% sure that the problem is in the db upgrade. What I really need it is to give someone
my pre update db and my post update db and let them run compare the two.  I am sure that a
developer can help me. There was another user that was posting on my original email on the
user list and his management server was failing at the same spot so it might not be related
to just me.

to just add a link for everyone to see. What is the best practice for this?

contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure
to anyone other than its intended recipient(s).  Any dissemination or use of this electronic
email or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s)
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify me immediately
by reply email so that I may correct my internal records.  Please then delete the original
message (including any attachments) in its entirety.  Thank you.

on the same host just installed just fine.

--
Daan